February 18, 2014

Someone is confused.




At least once a week I think that I should have LOCKED my door before going to sleep.  Now I do.
 
Only a few close friends know; my family doesn't.  I think it would hurt them to know.  I never told anyone at [my old school] because it just wouldn't have made sense socially--it was too small a community, and the guy was too well-liked, and I wasn't SURE enough about everything that happened to risk his reputation along with mine.

If you're having a serious discussion where you first inform someone that you had sex with her, then reassure her it wasn't rape--someone is confused.





[Note from the editor: This is one of the many anonymous anecdotes and survey responses collected for the dx/dt project that were not used in the film. They are being posted here as contributions to the discussion of sexual violence, relationship abuse, and stalking in the MIT community. Thank you to all of the authors of these posts for your willingness to speak out.]