February 18, 2014

Scared




I completely lost my ability to focus. I couldn't start projects, I couldn't maintain enough concentration to completely problem sets or study, and it endangered me academically.
 
I'm scared all the time. I'm scared to begin a romantic relationship. I feel like damaged goods, that my friends are only dealing with me to be nice. I feel like everyone knows that it happened, like I have a big sticker on my forehead that says "I was raped".

It hurts so much deeper than I ever thought it could.






[Note from the editor: This is one of the many anonymous anecdotes and survey responses collected for the dx/dt project that were not used in the film. They are being posted here as contributions to the discussion of sexual violence, relationship abuse, and stalking in the MIT community. Thank you to all of the authors of these posts for your willingness to speak out.]